Restraining your lifting load is essential for safety and efficiency during any lifting and rigging operation. Load restraints provide secure attachment of the load to the lifting equipment and prevent potential rattling, swinging or other motion that could be detrimental to the safety of your team and the performance of your equipment.
To ensure your load is restrained well, here at Stenhouse, we only stock load restraint equipment that meets our stringent high-quality standards. Explore our range of load restraint equipment below or call us on (07) 3801 6565 if you need help determining what equipment you need.
Why is load restraint equipment important?
Load restraint equipment is essential because it:
- Ensures safety and efficiency during any rigging operation
- Provides secure attachment of the load to the lifting equipment
- Keeps the load safe and stationary, safeguarding against sudden jolts or falls
How to choose the right load restraint equipment
When choosing load restraint equipment, there are several things to keep in mind:
- When choosing lashings, chains, and fittings for load restraint purposes, it is crucial to ensure they are of appropriate size and strength.
- The weight capacity of the component should be greater than or equal to that of the load it will be securing.
- Consider how much tension will be placed on the component, given the lifting job.
- Make sure all connections are properly secured with appropriate fasteners like bolts and nuts.
These steps will help protect employees from possible harm and ensure successful lifting every time.
When did you last have your load restraint equipment inspected?
Load restraint equipment such as slings, ropes, shackles, and hooks should be inspected regularly to ensure they are in proper working order. Ensure you organise regular onsite inspections and that your team knows how to detect unsafe assets with before-use inspections and training.