Height safety equipment not only provides a level of protection from serious injury in the event of a fall, but it can also help to prevent falls from happening in the first place. By providing the right height safety equipment, you can help to reduce the risk of workplace accidents and create a safer working environment for your employees.
To ensure ‘everybody goes home’, we only stock height safety equipment that has passed our stringent high-quality standards here at Stenhouse. With a wide variety of height safety products available, including gas detection, safety harnesses, fall arrest systems, anchors, winches and more, you have everything you need to keep your workers safe.
Explore our range below or call us on (07) 3801 6565 if you need help determining which hoisting chains and components are right for you.
Why is height safety equipment important?
- It can prevent serious injury and death in the workplace
- It can be used to arrest a fall before it happens
- It protects workers in the event of a fall
- It is required by law if workers need to work at heights greater than two metres
How to choose the right height safety equipment
With so many height safety equipment options, it can be difficult to know what equipment is right for your needs. Here are a few factors you need to consider when choosing height safety equipment:
- The type of work being performed: Different types of work require different types of height safety equipment. Certain activities require more specialised equipment. For example, are workers needing to use power tools, chemicals, or are they operating in confined spaces?
- The height of the work being performed: The height of the work being performed will dictate the type of height safety equipment needed. For example, will workers be working at the height of two metres or twenty metres?
- The environment in which the work is being performed: The environment in which the work is being performed can also affect the type of height safety equipment needed. For example, will workers be working in high winds or in a highly corrosive environment?
- Finally, always select a product from a reputable manufacturer that uses high-quality materials and follows strict safety standards.
Considering these factors, you can choose the height safety equipment best suited for your workplace.
When was the last time you had your height safety equipment inspected?
Ensure you organise regular onsite inspections to keep your height safety equipment in good working order. Also, ensure your team knows how to identify unsafe assets with our before-use inspections and training.