Lifting or Hoisting Chains and Components
With the proper hoisting chains and components, you can safely and efficiently lift even the heaviest loads, making them an essential part of any heavy lifting operation in the construction, infrastructure, and building industries.
To ensure ‘everybody goes home’, we only stock hoisting chains and fittings that have passed our stringent high-quality standards here at Stenhouse.
Explore our range below or call us on (07) 3801 6565 if you need help determining which hoisting chains and components are right for you.
Why are hoisting chains and components important?
- They provide the necessary support for lifting heavy objects.
- They help to distribute the weight of the lifted object, making it easier to control.
- They help to prevent damage to the lifted object by providing support.
- They help to keep the lifting area clean and free of debris.
How to choose the right hoisting chains and components
Lifting and hoisting chains come in a variety of sizes and strengths, so it is crucial to choose the right equipment for the job at hand:
- The first step is to determine the load that will be lifted. This will help to identify the proper chain size and working load limit (WLL) grade. For example, only steel chains with a grade of 80 or 100 can be used for overhead lifting. This is because these chains will stretch when overloaded; instead of breaking without warning.
- Next, consider the working environment. Lifting chains and components must withstand the elements they encounter, including corrosive chemicals or extreme temperatures.
- Finally, always select a product from a reputable manufacturer that uses high-quality materials and follows strict safety standards.
When was the last time you had your hoisting chains and components inspected?
Ensure you organise regular onsite inspections to keep your hoisting chains and components in good working order. Also, ensure your team knows how to identify unsafe assets with before-use inspections and training.